Do I need a building consent? back to Tips & Advice

Some plumbing, gasfitting and drainage work doesn't need consent - as long as you use an authorised plumber, drainlayer or gasfitter. They'll know what can and can't be done without consent. Play by the rules or you risk your home insurance.